Friday 12 July 2019

The Battle for Maugthrond Pass, the beginning..Part 1

So this all started out innocently enough. I decided to catch up with a friend of mine that I see only rarely (due to life), and he had the idea to play a game of Warhammer with Eltharion and Grom the Paunch. I remembered I had bought an unpunched copy of the old 4th Edition box set a few years ago, and in it was this scenario, The Battle for Maugthrong Pass.

This scenario basically pitted the elves of a town, that was a little of the beaten track on the way to Tor Yvresse, and Eltharion himself is flying ahead of his armada, trying to locate the one that killed his father, against Grom and his goblin hoard. Grom, being a cunning goblin, decides to take a less direct way to the old elf city, and hence this scenario.

This scenario originally used all the models from the old 4th Edition box set. We, however, are going to do it with a slight spin on it. We have agreed to use the core forces from the box set, but make the rest of the army from the old 4th/5th edition army books. Not only that, but use 5th edition magic as well! The core rules, however will still be 8th edition.



So with the scene set, I have 3 days to get things ready. Firstly I needed an elf town, or little settlement at least. I already have a waystone from the old campaign box, Tears of Isha. That box also has a watch tower and an elf manor house. So last night I made the watchtower.

The scenario also needs lots of woods, but I have plenty of those. So i figured, at the bare minimum, i needed to the following:

Build the manor house
Build/pin Eltharion on Stormwing and paint him
Find my old copy of Warhammer Magic, for items and magic
Make a 2000 point list using the core models from the scenario, plus adding more.

If I get any additional time, I will try and freshen up a few of my models, though fully painted is not going to happen at this stage.

So lots to do, hopefully I get finish Eltharion and the manor house today.

Thanks for looking, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment