Tuesday 1 October 2013

Slayers and an old school Battlewagon

Well, I've finally (for the time being) finished my Slayer unit. I now have 25 in total, which for the time being I think is acceptable. Enjoy!


Glad I finally finished them off.

Now I have a 40k WIP update here. Since my friend is playing Dark Angels, and I'm going with my Freebooterz (pirate Orks that come from any clan), I thought I might do up a battle wagon for my Kaptin  and Nobz to ride in. After a lot of pinning and stealing parts from a Revel plastic ship, I've got a start. here are some pics.

 The mast is from a Revel plastic ship, as the original is long lost. Other than that all the other components were there.
 The crows nest is made from an inverted plastic round base (20mm), then just cut up doors from a Rhino kit stuck around. I think it looks the part!
 The brass is from the 40k basing kit, and I just cut a hole in the middle, and slid it down the mast to rest.
Here are some grot riggaz. The pirate goblin heads are from Maxmini. The anchor again is from the Revel ship set.

I'm not too sure what else to add here. I do intend on making some paper banners. 1 of the Jolly Ork at the top of the crows nest. Another 2 hanging down with a whole bunch of ork gliphs on them. Colour wise, it will be the same as my existing Freebooterz, which I will upload at some stage.

If you have any tips or suggestions of what to add please let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Love that battlewagon! Good work with the restoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch. I've wanted a battlewagon since 2nd edition, so its good to finally get one.

    ReplyDelete