Wednesday 22 May 2013

Dwarf Gob-Lobber

Finally finished off the crew for the old Dwarf Gob-Lobber. I'm fortunate to have one, though I am missing one crewmen, the cook and meal. Hopefully one day I can get a full set, but we shall see.

I did this model for the Bugman's monthly painting challenge here. I came second in the last months contest, so I'm hoping I can do a little better this time. Plus it has the added bonus of me being able to field another Grudge Thrower against my friends Night Goblin army with the added bonus of being able to throw netted goblins at him. That just appeals to me on all kinds of levels.

Here is the finished piece.



I have another contest to do, due this Sunday for the International Board of Hobbyists. Unfortunately I have been very sick this past week, so I only have undercoated them. Hoping I can get a bit better before the weekend and try and crank them all out in two (or less nights). We shall see.

In terms of painting more Dwarfs, I think I need more core, namely Great Weapon Warriors, so they may be the next unit. Then I can do something fun, like Slayers. Got something very cool in mind for them.

Till next time.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Great painting job!
    The Gob-Lobber must be one of the absolute best looking war machines ever!
    (Along with The Mangler and Skull Crusher).
    Another model that I really want in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very happy with it, and like you have said, has a lot of character and a good amount of humour as well. I feel very fortunate to have one in my collection (painted too!).

      Just need that cook though...

      Delete
  2. Very well done! I have only ever seen this model in adverts, I've never actually seen one painted by anyone else. I really like the Dwarf sitting on the Goblin and having a good old smoke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Yeah the 'overseer' as I like to call him is a particular favourite of mine. Especially the not impressed face of the goblin underneath.

      I'm looking forward to fielding it!

      Delete