Tuesday 25 April 2023

The Crusade musters...Black Templars part 1

I really haven't felt like painting for ages, so I was glad to get enthused about a new project. I have been eying off these guys since they came out, though wisely I waited to see if I would just bounce to another new project or if the fire really did burn brightly.

Fortunately, I felt the pull even now after the release so have decided to plunge into a primaris army, one of Black Templars. Being such a fan of Imperial Fists, and Sigismund in 30k, this isn't too much of a surprise. That said, my friends were shocked to see them on the field of battle. 

I was also inspired by De Hoofdwerker's blog, especially how they achieved their bases, which is such a homage to John Blanche's famous 3rd edition box set painting. So using this tutorial for the bases, and this one from Tale of Painters for the other parts, I had the basics of painting my Templars.

So with the hobby fires fired up as it were, I finished this model today to be the start of the Crusade.


 

Quite happy with how this model has turned out. I have also been fortunate to have played two games already. Hoping to get more under the belt before 9th is history.

Thanks for looking!





1 comment: