Thursday 2 March 2023

For the Wolftime A 2nd Edition 40k project part 1

 Long ago, in the depths of time, I started my hobby journey with Sapce Wolves in 2nd Edition 40k. It is my first hobby army and the oldest. I have kept it for all these years, with the intention one day to finish it. It wasn't until recently, that an old friend got back into the hobby and wanted to play 2nd edition again. This seemed the perfect time to pullout the old wolves and freshen them up.

For the most part, I just touched up my old paint jobs, both for nostalgic reasons and for time reasons too.

These is how far I have got so far.

The big four. I loved Ragnar Blackmane back in the day. His whole story was epic. I think I used him in every game.

Rune Priest in Terminator armour. Cool model which I just fixed it up. Not sure how often I sued this model, since I had Njarl Stormcaller.

Strangly enough, I didn't use Long Fangs back in the day. I was more of a Blood Claw fan, charging in with beserkers. Still, it is such an iconic unit so I am glad I got them painted. I hope they can do well in their first game!



The Land Raider. I wanted this model so much in 2nd edition. You just couldn't get it anywhere. It was only years later i picked up 3 of these for my Imperial Fists Heresy project, as it was way cheaper than the Forge World ones. Not that this is the case anymore! Since my Imperial Fists already have 2, I was quite happy to use this one for the Wolves. Someone on the 2nd Edition Facebook group suggested that the reason they were not around for 2nd edition, even in the UK, was due to the mold be broken. Not sure if that is true, but they were never around.


Not a lot of bling, but happy with it anyway.
Wolf Guard Terminators. Suffice to say, they were a mainstay unit of mine back then. Great unit, and so happy they finally have paint and transfers!

The lastest model I have painted. It is amazing that despite this model being essential to the army in order to unlock vehicles, I never attempted to paint it. It was far too intimidating to me back then. So unlike a lot of models, this one I painted from scratch. Awesome model with lots of details. Kept it pretty close to the original.

That is where I am up to at present. Quite a photo dump. Next on the table is another unit of Long Fangs to fix up, then of course whatever strikes my fancy. Still plenty to go when it comes to the Wolves.

Anyways, thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful collection! Really excited to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, the memories! Everything here is so freaking awesome!! I do love these models and your paintjob. You just made me feel younger! :D

    ReplyDelete