Friday 7 July 2023

Empire vs High Elves Warhammer Army Project battle report

 Firstly, I must give a thanks and an apologies for those wonderful people that have left comments on some of the posts I have done. I am unsure, but for some reason, I am unable to at present to comment on my own posts! A big thank you non the less.

As is customary for me, it has been awhile since the last post. Work, regrettably has consumed all my spare time, however, I have taken a much needed break and am on holidays for a few weeks. So I invited an old friend over to have a game of the greatest of all games, Warhammer Fantasy. We decided to do an old 5th edition scenario, Ambush. My Empire (2000 points), being ambushed by the neferious High Elves (1350 points).

I will add some rough commentary of the major events from the game in the photos I took, rather than a full blow by blow account. Hope you enjoy!

 

 Battle ground is set. We decided that General Heimerdinger was keen to pry the gems of the old High Elf mansion with his Runefang. The High Elves, naturally, were quite affronted by this callous disregard for their heritage.


The Empire marching column. Great visuals, with the High Elf ambush in full swing.
The old scenario in question. The war machines section meant that my War Wagon couldn't do anything until Turn 3. It does say that in turn2 on a 4+ it can act, but I knew that wouldn't happen, and I was right.

Empire react to the ambush. I lost 4 Reiksguard knights to the elf metal magic. So the remaining knight charged alone towards the enemy mage, though he did get hacked down by the Dragon Princes.
Chariots charge into the Reiksguard on foot. Unsurprising, they held the line and eventually beat off and ran down the chariots.
My lovely War Wagon, unable to move or do anything. The halberdiers got off a cheeky charge against the flank of the spearmen. Though clearly the energy required to get there was too much and they fumbled big time the attack.
Reiksguard Foot knights stare down the Dragon Princes. The Draogn Princes would charge, but over a few turns, the Reiksguard would hold there own and eventually run them down.
The Outriders (in yellow) took a terrible toll on the elves. Two great eagles and a unit of archers would die to their volleys. They were incredible. After this photo, there was only a couple of thins left for the elves. The Knights Panther charged into the spearment (this is after they wiped out the Swordmasters and elf mage), and that was effectively game, with the elves only having some archers left. 

I was a lovely game with a great opponent with fully painted armies and terrain. I think next time I will get more light to take better pictures.

We also had a chat about future games, and are planning in 6 weeks time to start are long awaited Eltharion vs Grom campaign. Here is the link to the old battle we played from the Warhammer 4th Edition starter set. I hope to progress this campaign here, with our take on the scenarios and forces used. 

Anyways, thanks for looking.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your passion and expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has become a valuable companion in my journey of self-discovery.

    ReplyDelete