Monday 14 July 2014

Riders on the Storm

Thought I'd flick a quick update of what I have been doing on my hols. Working on some Skullcrushers. They have been sitting there for awhile, as I assembled 3 stock standard out of the box, and hated that I didn't have any imagination to add to these awesome models. Evetually inspiration has struck, so I am now modelling my unit up to be more interesting. Here is the beginning.

 A champion and 2 'plebs',  if you can call them that.
 Guy with massive morning star. The chain is from 2 Marauder flails, the haft is from the Skullcrusher lances, and the big spikey thing from a mace from the Chaos Knights sprue.
 I wanted the champion to stand out a little more, plus I like the freehand banners I have done for chaos. The intention here is to give it a Sashimono, which is a Samurai back banner.
Guy with big axe. The axe itself is from the Chaos Chosen model. Just seemed to fit.

Well there you have it. I'm currently trying to do a big sword for one (perhaps the banner guy), and make a musician as well. I'll upload them when they are done.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Scary! Good job so far, eager to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kind of wanted to emulate my Warriors unit, where no two models were armed alike. Thanks for the kinds words. Working on the next ones today.

      Delete