Thursday 28 October 2021

Dwarf High King

 Well, another model finished for my Dwarfs, the Dwarf High King Thorgrim. This model is from 4th edition and I remember hunting it down when I was suitably inspired my Hoodling's Hole post about his Thorgrim. Unlike Hoodling, I am not a great painter of banners and resigned myself to just print them.

Dwarf High King Thorgrim

I did keep the scheme in line with my Dwarf throng, with a few colour choices as a nod to the classic. Regrettably though, the banner poles had long been lost to the mists of time, so I had to make my own out of brass rod and 6th edition dwarf champion hammer bits. I think it looks okay though.

Custom banner poles
Anyways, a great model that has aged very well I think. I it was really nice painting dwarfs again.


WIP shot

High King Thorgrim Finished

High King Thorgrim Finished

High King Thorgrim Finished

High King Thorgrim Finished

High King Thorgrim Finished

High King Thorgrim Finished

I do realise the banners look a bit faded, however, that was the best the scan would come out as. Perhaps one day I will return to them, but I am happy to call it there for now and move on.

Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment