Sunday 16 August 2020

Faith and Fury! Part 1

 It has certainly been quite a break since my last brush stroke, but I have a new focus now since the new edition has been released. With a new edition, comes a new army with a different playstyle to my existing Eldar and Imperial Fists! The Adepta Sororitas!

I wanted a different playstyle like I have mentioned, and also a nice model range, which the Adepta Sorotitas does very well with. I did a bit of research, and unlike my other armies, I am actually going for a custom Order this time, rather than use an existing one. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, I wanted to have the option to switch and play different Order's, as I quite like the flexibility in the Adepta Sororitas Codex. Secondly, I also wanted to paint a different paint scheme rather than the official one. I really don't go for custom armies and paint jobs, usually only sticking with the 'official' paint schemes, so I am interested in how this is going to go! I also think it will be fun when playing through some Crusade games and the narrative that will evolve out of that, of which I am very much looking forward to. I think the next games night in two weeks will be our first, so very pumped!

 So having picked and read up on the army, and seen quite a lot of battle reports, I played my first game with them just this past Friday. I wanted to play an aggressive army with a number of assault elements, something I have not done since my Blood Angels army in 4th Edition! We only played a combat patrol as my friend was just getting back into it and it seemed like a good points value for learning. Unfortunately, my luck was a little obnoxious and the game didn't last very long. That said, Lady of the match was definitely the Canoness, having killed 5 Death Company on the first turn single handed. My friend game her the moniker 'Black Death', which seemed quite apt. So I decided to paint her up, for her heroic performance. 

Here is the result. Canoness Selina 'The Black Death' Agna.






The armour was just Corax White spray paint, then two thin coats of 1:1 Contrast Apothecary White and Contrast medium. Then White scar on the highlights.

The red was using Contrast Flesh Tearer, Mephiston, Wild Rider and some orange I think. Plus Agrax as always. The purple was my ancient pot of purple, with pinks added for highlights and the Fleur de Lys. I actually used a new base colour for the gold, Retributor Gold, which went on very easy and I quite like. Washed the gold with Agrax again.

The sword was a little different, done with Iyanden Yellow and wet mixing Flesh Tearer Red to get the transition. The tip was Yriel and Flash Git Yellow, with white added to it in stages to get the tip.

The base was undercoated white, with Contrast Aggaro Dunes, and a Agrax wash after. Stones were painted Administratum Grey, with a Nuln Wash and reapply Administarum Grey and Grey Seer Grey for a highlight.

So quite pleased with the result, except for the freehand, but it has been ages since I have done that kind of thing, so hopefully I will improve over time. 

Might work on Repentia next. 

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment