Saturday 26 August 2017

A bonding experience

Well, it certainly has been awhile.

I decided to make this post, as it was my first game of fantasy for a very long time. Since both my boys are sick at the moment, it was an ideal time to have a small go at something that wouldn't have them running around.

So I cracked out my ancient 4th ed High Elves, and faced them off against my Orc's and Goblins. I used rough 8th ed rules, but very rough, but this was more about the experience rather than a hard core game.

Anyways, here are some pics I took of this special occasion.

 My boys took command of the Elven infantry and cavalry. I took the loathsome orcs.
 All of the elves are from 4th or 5th edition. After playing this game, I do want to start painting them up, old school wise.

 The infantry take their toll on the orcs and his bodyguard.


 My son getting the hang of rolling fist fulls of dice, and selecting the target numbers he needs. Great to see that excitement!

On the whole a rather positive experience for them, so despite me getting wiped, they had a grand time of rolling dice and killing orcs.

Thanks for stopping by, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment