Monday 28 April 2014

Hammertime!

I have finally decided to paint my Hammerers. They are a solid choice in the new book (and the old), and I think to reflect my Dwarf Lords status, they would be a good addition. Not to mention a 2 attack, Great Weapon wielding, Stubborn elite infantry unit is also pretty tasty!

This is actually the second time I have attempted to paint them, and the reason it has taken me so long to tackle them again. I remember maybe round 2006/2007, that I started to paint them for my force, but the colours just didn't work and I shelved them and the army. I was quite relucted to paint them again, as I wasn't sure if I could make them work. However, since I have painted most of the choices in my Dwarf army now, I thought its time to give them a go.

So without further ado, here are the test models. Please be kind, or constructively brutal.


With the shield, I tried to emulate the Goblobber, and have that cool wood look to it. To achieve that, I simply got the normal Dwarf shield and turned it around so the wood finish is on this side up. Then I just simply painted the wood grain as normal. I quite like the look, and it is unique.

So having got a scheme I rather like, I'm starting on the next two Hammerers now. I'm hoping I can get a few done before the next Blood in the Badlands Campaign turn, so I can give them a spin.

Cheers for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment