Wednesday 5 October 2022

Eldar update

I find it very weird that I only have a couple of posts about my eldar, but they are by far the most played army I have and I have painted a lot of it.

A month or so ago, I managed to finally finish two pieces for my eldar, the new Avatar of Khaine and some rangers. Since the new 9th edition book dropped for eldar, all my troops choices I had painted up, are now elite. So I needed to paint some to field a fully painted force again, and I just so happen to have a pile of metal rangers. 

First up though, the avatar. Loved this model, and of course for nostalgia reasons, had to go with the classic look. I remember playing against this model tons of times in 2nd edition and it was always so hard to kill. To celebrate the finished model, I actually played a game with it recently against a friends Space Wolves, and this thing annihilated agressors, Bjorn, a redemptor deadnought and most of a Blood Claws pack just on its own before it died. An absolute beast.


The rangers I wanted to try sponging on camo for once. Kind of happy with how it turned out. Notice I have the crouching observing ranger which got released ages ago. They also did well in the game against the Space Wolves, sniping Ragnar before he got into combat. 

So there we have it, a bit more complete for my eldar. 

Lately (in the last week or so), I have been getting excited for 2nd Edition 40k. A friend has asked to play it so I have been updating and fixing my old Space Wolves. I will endeavour to post the updates here when I can.

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. Those metal Rangers sculpts still look so good! Sponging on the csmo looks good, I might have to try it myself, the next chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The camo was something I wanted to try for ages.

      Delete