Saturday 9 April 2022

Badab War part 3

Well I managed to achieve my hobby target and get my initial force of Minotuars finished in less than a week! Ready of course for their first engagements against my friends Lamenters.

Here I finished up the last characters for the starting force, Asterion Moloch and Hekaton Aikos.

Great model and very cool pose. Although in real life he isn't standing on some cheese, it is a lot less yellow! Again, apart from dry brushing armour, this was mainly done with contrasts to speed up the painting.

I also had to have a trophy on his base in Lamenter colours. It definitely had the desired effect when I shared it with my friend.
Hekaton Aikos, very cool dreadnough and actually the first ever contemptor I have ever painted I just realised.
The plasma glow was just dry brushing lighter tones of blue to near white.

Really liked the quick scheme and glad I managed to get it done in less than a week. The initial 'bronze' armour was very quick. Retributor Gold Spray, 2 to 3 washes of Agrax Gloss/normal Agrax, dry brush Hashut Copper. 

 The whole gang of 500 points ready to go. I will hopefully post up the pictures of the game I had with my friend. 

I have some ideas on where to expand them, but may leave that bubbling away for the time being as we are probably going to play a few 500 point games for awhile, plus there is some Eldar needing my attention.

Thanks for looking!



3 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cool. I have loved the Asterion Moloch mini since I first saw it, it's a pleasure seeing yours. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asterion is such a cool model! Great work on the details!

    ReplyDelete