Sunday 29 March 2020

From out of the webway...

Well it has been awhile, but i haven't been idle.

Over the Christmas holidays I managed to put a significant dent in my burgeoning Eldar (or Aeldari) force. All the bases are from Scribor, as they have been bases I have wanted to use for a force for ages.

Here is what I have painted since the last post.


 This is the Autrach Bal-Sagoth, leader of my Swordwind. Most games he has acquitted himself well, though has yet to do something outstanding.

 This is the Farseer of my forces. He was made from a conversion of Eldrad Ulthran. At this stage he has no name, as his main feat in games I have had so far has had him reliably fail to cast any powers consistently.

 Another Farseer. Got this one already painted, just had to patch him up. Got him in an effort to try and actually be able to cast some powers.

 Also got these Warlocks painted, and just touched them up. Again, got them in order to be able to actually cast powers.
 Jain Zar. Awesome model, though has been at times lackluster in games. That said, sometimes she is a beast and does kill units, though she pretty much always dies.
 The new banshees. Regrettably, there performance is much less than Jain Zar's performance. Still, great models.
 Dark Reapers. Nuff said, very solid unit in every game. They are the unit my friend hates the most.
 Some old Dire Avengers. Painted them with different crests so it is easy for me to know who belongs to which unit. The crests here are Where's Walley colours, as there was a special event at the local zoo that I took my boys to, where it was Where's Walley themed.
 Painted these ones in Christmas colours, as I finished them on Christmas Day. Sword was painted rainbow colours, as that was what was requested by my boys.
Lastly, these ones were just painted with a more traditional crest.

I also have two Fire Prisms, a Falcon and a Viper left to paint, but all the infantry are done.

I have played many a game with them since then, which has been good. 

I have also been working on some terrain and a narrative campaign for my friends to play in, revolving around a Rogue Trader and the secrets he has uncovered. Hopefully it won't be as long till my next post, but no promises.

Thanks for looking, cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Looking very cool!

    How are you enjoying 8th ed? 40k has pretty much lost all interest from me at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say, I am enjoying it quite a bit. I especially enjoy the Maelstrom missions, and of course the tactical use of command points. A significant motivator for me has been the channel, Tabletop tactics, as I enjoy their banter, tactical analysis and of course reports. Would fully recommend you check them out.

      Delete