Tuesday 18 January 2022

Slow grow Warhammer Army Project League Post 1

 A few friends and I are building and painting a new army using the rules found at the Warhammer Armies Project. The plan is to paint a 1000 point (or 1500 point for the very keen) Warhammer army from January to March and then play some games with them.

I have a stockpile of old Empire that I have been wanting to paint for ages, as most of it is from 4th/5th edition and I leaped at the chance to get involved. My Empire army is going to come from Reikland, and I have made an army list that contains all the models I want to paint for 1500 points. 

Here is my first unit for the challenge, a unit of Reiksguard Knights on foot. I have had these guys for a long time, but since they got removed from 6th edition onwards, they haven't had a purpose. Well I had to paint them first as I think they look great. I decided to start with just 20, not that I have a great deal more than that though. I also cheated with the banner and got some Landsknecht banners from Petes flags.


I started with the first rank, including the banner to try and fuel the motivation to get the rest of the unit done.


I also had a stockpile of the Reiksguard Knights shields so this was a good time to use them!
The unit in all its glory.

And finished! Had to wait for some Geek Gaming Scenics instant base stuff to use as I quite liked the sand one I trialed before. 

I have also had some games using the Warhammer Armies Project 9th edition, but I will post an update on them next time.

Thanks for looking!


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment